The Development Manager is responsible for the execution of land position strategy, new development projects, redevelopment of real estate and support for acquisition and dispositions in an exciting and fast-paced working environment. This position will support Ambrose efforts working with the development EVP, VP, or other development executive as appropriate towards perfect execution of speculative and build-to-suit industrial and logistics projects. Essential functions, performed in conjunction with the Ambrose Executive Team, include but are not limited to:
- Identification, due diligence, underwriting, and acquisition of strategic land positions. Development Manager shall review survey / title information, easements, environmental data, zoning, governing agency requirements, utilities, etc.
- Oversite of third-party preconstruction and design personnel for production of accurate cost data and preliminary building designs or space plans during development planning and deal pursuit.
- Creation and management of predevelopment cost budgets including oversite of consultants for survey, geotechnical review, environmental, legal, zoning, permitting, etc.
- Coordination of RFP responses for pursuit of BTS and Tenant business in new and existing buildings in conjunction with Ambrose Marketing and third-party brokerage, as well as Ambrose Executive Team.
- Support for Ambrose team during RFP response and negotiation process including periodic site plan design work and building layouts, interaction with financial team for modeling updates, RFP document draft management, etc.
- Gather requisite due diligence and financial modeling data to prepare deal summary packages for Ambrose Executive Team approval.
- Networking with brokerage community for market intelligence gathering and relationship management.
- Interaction with City and Town staff during entitlement process for zoning, plan commission approvals, etc.
- Monitoring of design and preconstruction schedule, budgets, and scope against approved plan and pro-forma with periodic reporting to direct manager.
- Construction process oversite including status of schedule, cost, change order review, etc. Development manager shall review monthly development draws and submit with approval recommendation to supervisor. Provide reporting of project status periodically to supervisor including but not limited to, schedule performance, contingency usage, quality issues, allowance status, change order management, etc.
- Coordination of asset acquisition / disposition process including due diligence matters, input to financial team for modeling, oversite of necessary legal / survey / other consultants leading to closing.
- Establishing new utility connections and accounts including communications and fire alarm monitoring for new building and renovation certificate of occupancy.
- Coordination of early access needs for tenant fixturing to ensure a smooth transition for lease commencement and excellent customer service.
- Participate in turnover process to property management personnel internally or third-party.
Education: Four year BS degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, finance, and / or real estate. Additional education including Legal, MS Engineering, or MBA beneficial.
Experience: Minimum 5 years in commercial real estate development field.
Reports To: EVP, VP or other development executive as appropriate.
Working Hours: Commensurate with Ambrose hours of operation with an understanding that travel, industry events, speaking engagements, and other immediate priorities will require periodic effort on behalf of Ambrose outside of business hours.